For a part-time driving position
We are looking for a dedicated individual to fill the position of our part-time driver. At Meals on Wheels of Lancaster, we value the relationships that are fostered between our drivers & clients as well as amongst our branch locations. The service we provide is more than just a meal, so it is our hope that applicants share these values as well. Please read on to learn more about this position.
If you or someone you know is interested, we’d love to hear from you! Please reach out to our Executive Director, Feleen Nancarvis: firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-392-4842 Monday-Friday 8 AM to 4 PM.
About the position:
Driver: Job Description
The driver will report to the Executive Director and work in collaboration with kitchen & administrative staff at Meals on Wheels Inc, as well as the designated coordinators & volunteers at each branch location. Their primary responsibility is to deliver prepared meals to each branch location in a timely, professional and food safe manner.
- Monday – Friday arrive on-site at 7:00 AM to pick-up prepared meals at Manheim Pike facility.
- Coordinate with kitchen staff on duty any necessary information or materials to be distributed to each branch location.
- Ensure that all prepared meals are properly accounted for and stored in their temperature-safe containers.
- Securely load delivery vehicle with prepared meals according to food safety policies and procedures.
- Report any damaged materials, goods, or food products to the kitchen manager on duty or the Executive Director.
- Monitor the condition of the delivery vehicle(s) and report any issues that may arise.
- Drop off and pick up the delivery vehicle(s) from the garage when maintenance is needed.
- Periodically clean the delivery vehicle(s) to maintain food safety policies and procedures.
- Provide any pertinent information regarding client wellbeing or any issues/concerns regarding relations with the branch locations to relevant staff members so that these may be resolved in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that proper documentation of delivery vehicle(s) registration, insurance, and annual state inspection are accurate, accessible and up-to-date.
- Upon return to Manheim Pike Facility, unload all delivery materials and equipment from the delivery vehicle(s) to be cleaned and sorted.
Required Experience & Key Competencies
- Must pass a state background check
- Must provide proof of and maintain a valid driver’s license throughout the duration of employment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and bend at the waist
- Must be reliable, punctual, and independent
- Maintain professional and clean appearance
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, we’d love to hear from you! Please reach out to our Executive Director, Feleen Nancarvis: email@example.com or 717-392-4842 Monday-Friday 8 AM to 4 PM.